Künstlerhaus II - International Artist-in-Residence Program
Künstlerhaus II, the artist-in-residence building of the Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus (Cultural Center of the Upper Palatinate) in Schwandorf, Germany, annually offers approximately 20 German and international artists the opportunity to live and work in quiet surroundings. Toward the end of a stay, Open Studios offer insights into work completed.
Künstlerhaus II set-up:
- Building-wide Wi-Fi
- Two light-filled studios for visual artists
- Equipment in the Kebbel-Villa: Print workshops for etching, lithography and serigraphy
- Writing studio for an author or translator
- Music studio with a piano for a composer
- Four bedrooms with balcony, complete with bathroom and shower, bedding, linens and towels
- Shared kitchen, dining and living room, library, terrace with a grill, sewing machine
- Wheelchair-accessible apartment with bathroom and shower, bedding, linens and towels, cooking set-up
- Office with internet access, computer, printer
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, iron
The partnering artist-in-residence programs of the Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus grant the scholarships for artist-in-residence stays through internal competition or by invitation. Stays usually last four to six weeks and are supported by a stipend. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate partners or families.
Künstlerhaus II – the artist-in-residence building complex completed in 2006 – is administered by and came to life with the support of the NGO of the Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus and many private and public contributions. The Förderverein Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus e.V. funds the ongoing expenses of the artist-in-residence program. Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus has been a member of the Worldwide Network of Arts Residencies Res Artis since its founding in 1994.
Application for an Artist-in-Residence Scholarship by the Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus
Deadline: annually around mid-October
The Förderverein Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus e.V. annually awards about 20 international and national artist-in-residence scholarships to Bavarian artists for a stay of usually several weeks. Travel expenses are not covered. Many of our partner residence programs offer a stipend or meal service.
Artist-in-Residence Partners of the Oberpfälzer Künstlerhaus II
- Canada, Québec: Conseil des Arts et des Lettres du Québec & Maison de la littérature (for writers, separate application in March)
- Czchechia, Klatovy/Klenová: Villa Paula Klatovy/Klenová (for visual artists)
- Finland, Jakobstad - AiR-Jakobstad (for visual artists)
- France, Pujols/Libourne: Nouaison résidence d'artistes (for visual artists)
- Germany, Görlitz in Sachsen: Schloß Königshain (for visual artists, every other year)
- Germany, Plüschow in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Schloß Plüschow (for visual artists)
- Hungary, Pécs: Pécs writers program (for writers)
- Ireland, Annaghmakerrig: Tyrone Guthrie Centre (for visual artists and composers)
- Norway,Trondheim: Lademoen Kunstnerverksteder (for visual artists and writers)
- Ukraine, Kiev: Izolyatsia Platform for Cultural Initiatives (for visual artists)
- United States, Amherst/Virginia: Virginia Center for the Creative Arts (for visual artists, writers and composers)
- United States, Woodside/Californien: Djerassi Resident Artists Program (for visual artists)